Raw VEGAN NUT-FREE Tahini Caramel Pie!
WOW a HEALTHY NUT-FREE pie that the whole family can enjoy! You won't be able to stop at one slice!
Write a review
- 2 cups pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup medjool dates (pitted)
- 3tbs raw cacao powder
- 3tbs organic rice malt syrup
- TAHINI CARAMEL
- 3 cups medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup hulled tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil
- CHOC TOPPING
- 1/3 cup extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup organic rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1tsp ground vanilla bean pod or extract
- For the CRUST place pepitas in a high speed food processor. Blend it up until you have a 'meal' consistency.
- Now add the remainder of your CRUST ingredients.
- Blend it up again until you have a sticky biscuit dough.
- In approximately 27cm round pop out tin or silicon mold, press your crust evenly over the base and along the sides.
- Set aside while you make your TAHINI CARAMEL.
- For your TAHINI CARAMEL place all your ingredients into a high speed food processor.
- Blend it up!
- This may take a few minutes.
- When you have a nice creamy caramel it's ready!
- Now scoop your TAHINI CARAMEL over the top of your crust & spread evenly.
- Place into an airtight container & freeze overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- For the CHOC TOPPING place all your ingredients into a large bowl & whisk it up!
- When all your CHOC TOPPING ingredients resembles a smooth runny choc consistency, you'll know it's ready to pour evenly over the top of your TAHINI CARAMEL.
- This should set in about a minute or two.
- Top with sifted raw cacao powder & cacao nibs.
- ENJOY BEAUTIFUL
- Keep in your freezer until ready to EAT. It will only takes 5 mins to thaw out.
LIVE LOVE EAT RAW http://liveloveeatraw.com.au/